Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tagged!

I have been blog tagged by Heather to do "The 8". It took me a while to come up with some of these answers. Not sure if I am just so tired that I can't think, or if my brain is going soft. So anyway, here goes:

The 8

8 Things I'm Passionate About:
-My family
-God
-Ethiopia
-Photography
-Travel(though I don't get to go as much as I would like anymore ;) )
-Laughing
-Learning about different cultures
-Spending time with people I really enjoy being with
-Children

8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die:
-Go back to Ethiopia
-Get in shape
-Live abroad, preferrably in Africa
-See my children grow up and be happy
-Celebrate my 50th anniversary
-Go to Thailand- I have a friend there I would love to see!
-Adopt another child (at least one!)
-Fly an airplane

8 Things I Say Often:
-Kya, Uh, Uh, Uh (our way of saying no!)
-Makenna leave your sister alone
-Brown eyes to blue eyes(when I want Makenna to look at me, it's our little code)
-Shut up?? (in a suprised way when I hear something I didn't know about, although I can't say it in front of Makenna or I will be corrected)
-I am SO late!
-Seriously?!?
-I have a headache.
-What am I going to wear to work? I have nothing to wear.

8 TV Shows I've Recently Watched:
-Music Videos in the morning to wake-up
-Project Runway
-An Adoption Story
-Don't Forget the Lyrics
-Hi-5(kids show)
-Little House on the Prairie
-Dora
-What Not to Wear

8 Songs I Could Listen To Over and Over (in no particular order):
-No One (Alicia Keys)
-Killing Me Softly With His Song(The Fugees)
-Be With You (Mr. Big)
-Mama I'm Comin' Home (OO)
-I Am Not My Hair(India Arie)
-Buffalo Soldier (Bob Marley)
-My Idea of Heaven (Leigh Nash)
-The Story (Brandi Carslile)

8 Things That Attract Me To My Friends:
-Funny
-Honest
-Outgoing
-Easy to laugh with
-Comfortable
-Open minded
-Generous
-Caring

8 Things I've Learned (or been reminded of) This Past Year:
-My girls are my life and I love them more each day
-I DO need to ask other people for help
-I DO have the best family in the whole world
-My husband is a really great dad
-I really miss Ethiopia and wish we could go there more often
-I have met some of the most amazing friends through this journey that I would never have met if we hadn't adopted. I have also realized that our true friends will always be there when we need them.
-I have the most awesome group of friends

8 People I Think Should Do "8":
-Edie
-Jessica
-Rebekah
-Laura
-Shonna
-Mel
-Kerry
-Stacey

1 comments:

whatever_heather said...

Aw, I love it!
And I could totally hear you saying all of those things in my head.
"Seriously??"
Yes.
;)
Love yoooooooou!
Ooooh, who do you like on Runway?
I love Jillian!