Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dance Recital



Makenna joined a dance class last October that is once a week. So, for the past 8 months every Tuesday night we do dance class for an hour. There were weeks that I know Makenna didn't do even half of the routine, even though she knew. So, the thought of a dance recital with two shows was terrifying to me.





Well, as usual, she proved me WRONG! Makenna had her dance recital this past Saturday, and did wonderful. She showed no hesitation to go out an perform, and actually seemed to do better in front of a crowd. Apparently all she need was a stage, some lights and some fans to do her best...little diva! And, all with no nap that day!






I am glad it is over until fall, and we will see if she wants to do it again. Here are some pics from the recital, and a few from class when they rehearsed in their outfits. Even a couple of the whole family. They aren't fabulous, but it's what we have. Kya has taken to not looking at the camera recently, so.....

Now, don't judge me when you see them. Normally, she doesn't get to wear make-up, but she did get lipgloss and a little eye shadow for the big event. She was really happy to "be pretty like mommy". How could I resist that right?








5 comments:

whatever_heather said...

Even after photographing over a hundred little dancers this weekend, I can say that Makenna is the cutest one ever! I can't wait to do some girly stuff like this. (Unless she wants to play soccer with her bro)...You all look great, the girls are just glowing!
Love and miss you.

megan said...

Awww she is so sweet!!! I love her little outfit! I hope our little girl wants to take dance classes!!!

Nancy said...

That is too precious!!! I am impressed that she is performing a dance routine at 3 years old!!

She does look pretty just like mommy. Love the family photos.

Melanie said...

Makenna is adorable!!!!
And we should totally get together at Fasika's or somewhere....that'd be cool.

Mel

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh the cuteness! You all look wonderful - miss you!