Monday, May 26, 2008

Weekend Bliss




It's no secret that spring/summer has been a long time coming this year. It has been so cold and windy and Makenna asks nearly daily if it is summer yet. This past Saturday it was beautiful out and the kids were out playing in the yard. It started out fine, but soon I had two nudey-patooties in the yard. I guess that is one of the perks of living in the middle of nowhere! :)




Here are the results of a a beautiful almost summer day. I can't resist trying to capture these sweet moments with my two beautiful girls!





Look at this face, it is SO Makenna. You can see the mischief hidden behind those sparkling eyes!




Oh, and Makenna picked this flower for me from the woods, which is a trillium. Soooo, we had to have a little chat about not picking the state flower, but it was SO sweet when she brought it to me for my hair. Ahhhhhhh....the sweet things they do when they are trying to avoid going in to take a nap! :)

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Those photos were blissful to look through!

You have a real talent in capturing the essence of your gorgeous girls. They are delightful and how nice that you celebrate and savor every moment with them.

Jess said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I love the pictures! Emma has that same look!

Are you guys going to the picnic?


Jessica

Kerry said...

Kari I wish i could take half as beautiful photos as you do.. these are just unreal. And it doesnt hurt that those girls are soooo adorable. I hope your going to the picnic!!!!
We miss you all so much.
Boys are wearing me out all we do is run run run.

Take care!!!!

whatever_heather said...

Gorgeous pictures as usual!
Your girls get more beautiful every time I see them. I hate that I will miss you guys at the picnic. :(

Unknown said...

Beautiful girls!!!!!!