Wednesday, July 11, 2007

WE HAVE A GIRL!!!!!

Okay, so the stress that we have been feeling has probably been pretty obvious-sorry about that. We had heard last Friday that there was still hope of a referral, they just didn't know when. We waited to post until we knew something more. Anyhow, we went camping for the weekend and had a blast! We had a chance to chill out and just really enjoy all our family.
When our SW called this morning (at work) I was totally shocked and just freaked out. I didn't know what to say or do, and didn't ask all the questions that I thought I would. I just started crying and saying "Are you kidding me?". But she wasn't!

We have a 2 1/2 month old little girl named Abayenesh Yohannes. She weighs 9.5 lbs and looks to be pretty healthy. We are SO happy! We can't post a picture of her until we get through courts in Ethiopia, so no picture for now. But, she has big brown eyes, and right now, she has a lot of hair!

We are SO thankful, and know that we are incredibly blessed to now have 2 beautiful girls!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you both. I have been anxiously reading your posts daily for updates. Yeah You!!!

Amanda
mom to Bohdan
fellow member of JWAdopt

Nancy said...

Kari:

It happened!!! I am so glad it worked out for you to get your referral. That is so very exciting and I can't wait to see a photo of her. Will you be changing her name? Just so I know so we can use the same name again :)