Thursday, July 26, 2007

Adoption Update

Well, we still don't know a ton. We are now 2 1/2 weeks into the wait to travel. But, our biggest concern at this point is getting through the court system in Ethiopia before they close for about 2 months (they close during the rainy season in Addis Ababa the capital city). The courts close on August 6th, so the clock is ticking.

As far as we know we DO NOT have a court date yet, by that I mean our agency says we do not have one, but they are working on it in Ethiopia. Our contact at our agency said they don't know if we will make it through for sure, as the courts are swamped right now, and obviously there are alot of other adoption agencies all trying to get their families pushed through court as well. Her fear is that it just may not be able to be accomplished, and we are glad that she has given us this info so that we can try to prepare for that scenario. And, we won't know whether we made it through or not until after everything is said and done. So, another week or so of waiting and we will know more.

IF we make it through court, we will hopefully be getting to travel in early September. Abeynesh will be almost 5 months old by then, and will have grown so much I'm sure. We are sad to be missing her first months, and can't wait to hold her. But, we are sending over a care package with a blanket, photo album, and maybe a small voice recorder and some batteries. And, we are going to ask our good friends Bob and Shonna to check up on her when they go pick up their two girls. They found out today that they are for sure travelling on August 17th! WOO HOO! We are so happy for them, and can't wait to meet their girls! :)