Wednesday, June 27, 2007

2 year Anniversary








Daddy & daughter

Mommy & her suddenly serious girl

Wow, time flies! Two years ago today is the day that we finalized Makenna's adoption here in WI. Technically it was re-adopting her, as we had already finalized in Ethiopia too. It was such a big day, and I was terrified I would answer something wrong and they would say no. I had never been in a court room, or spoken to a judge, so I had no idea what to expect. Little did I know that adoptions are the best part of a judge's case load. It's the only time they have something good come across their desk. So, needless to say, the proceedings went great. We were legally Makenna Aster Nelson's parents from that day forward. What a great day!





Each year we try to do something together that day, if not spend the whole day together. Well, tonight Makenna picked the Drive-Inn for supper and we went mini-golfing. It was Makenna's first time, and she loved it! She didn't get it, and cheated like crazy, but loved it none the less.





Here are some pics on our way to the Drive-Inn(including one while she is picking her nose--I told her if she didn't stop I was going to take a picture), while we were eating, and some of us together. I will add more of the mini-golf too.

0 comments: