Monday, June 11, 2007

Count your blessings

I realized today that I amwilling time to pass (so that we can hopefully get a referral) that I will never get back again. By jumping everytime the phone rings, checking my email and the adoption forum a million times a day, not only am I stressing out, but I am wasting the precious time I have left with just our family as it is.

I know that once we change to a family of four the dynamic will be different, and I will miss the one on one time I have with Makenna now. So, today I stopped to realize how cool it is to get to spend the day with her. I am so fortunate that I get to stay home with her 2 days during the week and spend the WHOLE day with her. We call them Mommy & Makenna days. Those days we get to do whatever we feel like. They usually include doing hair, playing outside, some dancing, and the occasional shopping trip. :)

I forget to appreciate what I have right in front of me. She is the coolest kid and is so sweet. And, I have a very supportive and wonderful husband, who doesn't complain about coming home to a less than perfect house, and no dinner on the table. He is just happy that we had a good day. How cool is that? Not that he would complain if there was dinner on the table either. ;)

So, how about you? Have you stopped to count your blessings today too?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep!
I feel very very blessed that fate brought us together the first time around!!
Here is to dreams coming true!!

love
Heather

Tarah said...

Love it! I did the same during our time waiting for Tezeta. I think the day that I decided to really enjoy my boys, the wait went fast. I was actually suprised they called, truly had no thoughts of referral when I saw the phone number. You will never have it so easy...So enjoy!
Tarah